The Good, The Better, The Best
Part 2. What makes a BETTER off-grid battery system?
DPA brings you the second part of this three-part story
At DPA Solar, we get lots of feedback from installers, training organisations and equipment suppliers on what makes good, bad and fantastic BESS systems. We’ve collected this feedback over time, and now we’re sharing this information with you. Some of this seems simple but when you add it all up, it can make a big difference to building your off-grid business. We see the evidence that delivering better quality installations with more features will help grow your business, make your life easier with less callouts, less faults and a system you can monitor remotely.
A BETTER off-grid system will have:
• All of the items listed in Part 1, plus –
• A solid system design and initial load table signed off by the customer
• Some DC coupled solar for black start
• A generator with auto start, preferably diesel
• Unshaded panels at least at 30 – 40 degrees (pending location) & cleaned regularly
• Batteries system installed in a clean location that has some temperature stability.
• All cables in conduit so the mice can’t chew anything
• Batteries system installed in compliance with AS/NZS5139 and AS4509
• designed/installed by persons who are CEC SAPS accredited