Work with usDistributed Power Australia
Work with Distributed Power Australia – DPA Solar
Sales Support Officer – Renewable Energy
MelbourneCBD & Inner Suburbs
Administration & Office SupportClient & Sales Administration
$55,000 – $64,999
Looking for a fresh start in 2022 in an industry that’s booming?
Be part of the solution. DPA Solar is seeking a self-starting, enthusiastic sales support officer (full time) to work closely with our technical sales team to help grow the sales of battery solutions for off-grid power.
Being a small organisation, DPA is looking for a staff member who can bring a range of experiences to the role, manage their time, set goals, prepare and manage reporting KPI’s to ensure the area performs well and meet the needs of the business and our customers.
To be competitive we need to be responsive and proactive around all sales order issues including availability, freight, procurement and presenting solutions to secure customer loyalty to grow our business.
Must have reasonable IT skills – cloud-based order processing software, XL, Word etc.
And we are also looking for other skills that you may bring to our team including other admin and marketing activities.
What’s in it for you
- Permanent position for the right candidate
- Centrally located in Port Melbourne
- Small friendly team
- Work-life balance – no weekends!
- Opportunity to have a mix of work from office and home.
- Be part of the merging renewable energy industry, working towards net-zero
- Learn from experienced industry participants
- Opportunity to upskill and diversify
Key roles and responsibilities
- Follow up on customer orders received via B2B store and email
- Maintain accuracy of pricing
- Updating product database
- Primary contact for service providers
- Assist the team with order processing, including checking picked orders and order collections
- Procurement – place orders with suppliers based on reordering reports generated by Unleashed. Sign off on goods received in Unleashed
- Inventory management – review reorder quantities and timing to optimise stock levels and trading terms
- Review and generate slow-moving stock reports for the sales team
- Also, if you have the skills, create and post short articles about our products on our social media sites
Please provide a description of your current experience or skills that relate to each of the points below. If you don’t have exact experience, that’s ok, but please outline similar experiences that you may have.
1 INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Ability to get along with fellow staff members and customers
- Enthusiasm and ability to self-manage deadlines, KPI’s, targets and role
- Problem solving and technical abilities in renewable energy
- Organisational skills to ensure information is kept in an organised manner
2 OPERATIONS EXPERIENCE
- Please outline any procurement and order planning experience you have
- Ability to manage a range of warehouse tasks that could include restocking activities, through to resolving customer problems
3 COMPUTER SKILLS
- Microsoft skills: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to quickly learn computer ERP systems such as Xero and Unleashed, CRM software(current experience in these programs is not necessary but experience with similar programs is useful)
- Other – please outline evidence of understanding of how to enter settings into other computer equipment such as solar inverters, or other electronic equipment
- Social Media skills – create and post short stories on our socials
4 TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Outline any experience or understanding you have of the solar industry that relates to this role, and or battery storage.
- If you don’t have direct experience, please outline similar technical knowledge that you think maybe similar.
5 WORK HISTORY.
- Please attach a list of previous work history, qualifications etc