The Good, The Better, The Best
Part 1 – What makes a GOOD off-grid battery system.
At DPA Solar, we get lots of feedback from installers, training organisations and equipment suppliers on what makes good, bad and fantastic BESS systems. We’ve collected this feedback over time, and now we’re sharing this information with you. Some of this seems simple but when you add it all up, it can make a big difference to building your off-grid business. We see the evidence that delivering better quality installations with more features will help grow your business, make your life easier with less callouts, less faults and a system you can monitor remotely.
A Good off-grid system will have:
• A generator, preferably auto-start
• Some dc coupled solar to provide black start capability
• Solar panels at least at 15 deg tilt for water run-off and self-cleaning
• Clear labelling and instructions
• Sufficient battery capacity with min 1 day of autonomy
• A 12-month maintenance program to check operation, connections etc.
• Clean panels once a year to ensure mould doesn’t grow on bottom edge of panels
• System design and installation completed by an accredited installer